October 29, 2004

I really should have told you all about life in Bangalore earlier, but I fell ill a couple of weeks ago. I had a bad cough, running nose and some fever too. Thankfully though, we went to the doctor who prescribed some cough drops and nasal drops. I really hated them though and I cried every single time Appa and Amma tried to give me the medicine. The cough didnt go away fast enough, so we went in for a nebulization where I had to inhale some medicine vapours. I hated that even more and I cried even louder. It only lasted around 10 minutes or so though and I used to stop my wailing. In fact since Appa and Amma didnt know what indicator to look at to check if the medicine was over, they used my wailing stopping as a hint that the medicine was over and that we could go!

Anyway, I have to tell you that I am now in Bangalore at home sweet home! I came here nearly a month ago and I've loved every minute, except of course when I was ill. Satish chitappa bought me a brand new cot which I lie down in every day. I really love the space it provides me. Plus the cot has very nice cartoons which I look at as soon as I wake up. I also get taken out inside our apartment complex by Amma (and Appa, when he is around), sometimes in the pram. I love the way people splash around in the swimming pool and run around in the playground.

Even though I've now more or less perfected the art of immediately taking anything within grasp to my mouth, I still sometimes get confused and end up holding the object in my left hand and taking the right hand into my mouth instead! I think I was about to get it right, but this damn fever came in and spoilt it all. In fact for a few days, I couldnt even lie down on my stomach! Now it is all fine and I am as active as I used to be!

I have a new friend now, who takes care of me in the mornings when Amma is too busy. Her name is Ayesha and she teaches me some Hindi words now and then. All I do is gawk at her mouth move and tell her 'Bubbu', 'Gu gu' and scream out 'aaaayyyyk' when I am really happy. Nowadays I go to sleep any time between 7 and 9 at night and wake up around 6 or 7 in the morning, waking up once or twice in the middle of the night when I feel hungry.

I love the television, especially the songs and the advertisements. Santhanam thatha introduced me to the 'Kumkumam' magazine advertisement which goes 'Pudhusu kanna pudhusu'. In fact he changed it to 'Podusu kanna podusu' and sang it to me [Podusu means a little one] so I loved it even more! Whenever I heard the advertisement on TV, I turned my head around to see it! Then the advertisement words changed to 'Best kanna Best' and I found it hard to understand. After a week or so, I got used to the tune and the new words and I started responding to it. Then the advertising people made life miserable for me by changing it to 'First kanna first'. I gave up then. In case you know someone working at the magazine or their advertiser, can you ask them to go back to 'Pudhusu kanna pudhusu' on my behalf? If its tough for a small baby like me, I wonder how grownups will remember!

I also love the song in the movie 'New' which has 'Anbendraale Amma' in it. It really puts me to sleep and makes me calm. Amma sings it to me frequently when she bathes me! Last weekend, Thatha, Paati and Chitappa from Madras were here. Initially I didnt recognize them, but after a while I started playing with them and entertaining them. We went to a bookshop on Saturday and I had a nice time there, seeing so many people. I also managed to grab some of the books which were reachable and soaked them with my saliva. I believe this is what they refer to in Tamil as 'karaichu kudikardhu'! I even tried to soak another aunty's dupatta but Amma pulled me away before I could get down to business. Then on Sunday, we went to a nearby restuarant. Since I felt too sleepy and bored watching all the others eat, I decided to have a short nap and I ended up sleeping on the sofa! After I woke up, Thatha took me around the place and there was a uncle who was drawing pictures of people who had come to eat. Appa asked him if he could draw me, he vigorously shook his head in the negative since he was afraid I would never keep still. Thatha ultimately convinced him that I was a real chamatthu and so he kept me on his shoulders while the artist uncle drew me. It came out really nice and I hope to show it to you all when you come home.

Thats it from me this week, bye! Oh, and before I go, take a look at some of my favourite toys.

These are a few of my favourite things

1 comment(s):

I am longing for an update.Hope it will happen by sunday

By Anonymous thatha (Mar 9, 2005, 8:37:00 AM)  

Hi. Can you please tell me who you are when you put in a comment? Since there has been all sorts of nonsensical spam in comments, from now onwards you'll have to enter the word shown to you before submitting your comment. I'm really sorry for this, but I really don't want to see spam in comments.

Post a Comment

Links to ""



Blogger search:

Create a Link