<$BlogRSDURL$>

November 22, 2004

I am now back in Bangalore after a short trip to Trichy. There we celebrated Deepavali. I met another cousin Sharan, who lives in Saudi Arabia. He is older than me and Krupa akka, so I didnt get to play too much with him. Krupa akka though really wanted to play with him and kept chasing him. I didnt get too afraid of the crackers during Deepavali, except my sleep used to get disturbed. When Appa suddenly burst a cracker [he is supposed to warn me, isnt he?] in front of the house, it shocked me and I cried for a while. But overall it was quite enjoyable. I got a new dress from Ganesh mama and I wore a dress given by Praveen mama when we met him sometime ago. I also got a valayal and anklets for my tiny feet.

Hey I forgot to tell you. The three ducks you saw in my previous photo are actually Appa, Amma and me! The one I am clinging onto is me. I've learnt a few new tricks since I last wrote to you. My foot goes into my mouth now and I sometimes try to put both feet in. Then I can now stand on all fours, like an elephant. It took me quite a few days to get it right but finally I have managed it. Now I need to find out how to get ahead and crawl. Then comes walking ... there's a long way to go! My other trick is that when I am lying on my back, if you give me your fingers when you're standing, I will grab them and try to sit down. I can sit down for a few seconds, after that I just topple over. My back isnt stable yet, you see.

When Amma sings 'Twinkle twinkle little star' to me, I watch all her hand movements and I keep following her fingers. I can see things which are a little far away ... like if Amma is in the bedroom busy with something and I am alone in the living room, I squeel out when I see her to grab her attention.

It took me a long time to figure out if Krupa akka and Sharan anna were big, huge toys which moved. I still dont know. Sharan anna did play with me a few times while Krupa akka played with me a lot more including a lot of konjals. She kept saying 'Baby, Baby' and imitating me when I cried. I hope I can also do that one day possibly to an even smaller baby than me!

At Trichy, I met another great grandmother. Amma calls her 'Unnuma'. I really liked her and she seems very similar to Trichy paati. Since she had come over to Bangalore and taken care of Amma when I was still developing in her stomach, I hit it off very well with her and smiled a lot at her. We went to Nallur temple just before Deepavali. I couldnt sleep properly there since there was no place for me to. I need a completely silent place and obviously that couldnt happen at a temple. But I met lots of people there and so that compensated for the lack of sleep.

Hey, do you all have a tongue too? I just found out a few days ago that I had one too. I've started eating Nestum rice ragi since I went to Trichy and so when I was eating it, I realized that there was something in my mouth which was taking in the ragi. Then I saw that it was a nice pink coloured thing and its apparently called a tongue. I keep snaking it out now and then to make sure its still there and still pink in colour.

0 comment(s):


Hi. Can you please tell me who you are when you put in a comment? Since there has been all sorts of nonsensical spam in comments, from now onwards you'll have to enter the word shown to you before submitting your comment. I'm really sorry for this, but I really don't want to see spam in comments.

Post a Comment