<$BlogRSDURL$>

December 23, 2005

Happy New year chikch

We will be going to Madras next weekend where I will explore the new flat. I got used to the older one and I have no doubt that I will take a day or two to adjust to the new surroundings. We will actually be in the train on the midnight of the new year. I will not be awake then, but Amma has promised that we will cut a cake in Madras and I can wish everyone "Happy New Year chikch". Actually she taught me to say "Two thousand six" but that is too much of a mouthful.

Speaking of mouthfuls, one of my daily routines is to have many helpings of thacchi [curd]. I have thacchi after my lunch, after Appa and Amma have their lunch and after their dinner. If they give me some feeble excuse, like the weather being too cold etc., I start saying "thacchi chaapalama" in my highest pitched voice until they can't take the screeching sounds I make any more and give in. I simply love eating thacchi. I get them to pour thacchi in my kutti plate and I slurp away, as you can find in these pictures.

Mahesh mama celebrated his birthday a month ago. I took Appa and Amma along to an Italian restuarant. Karthik mama, his friend, was also there. I enjoyed my visit because I got a seat all for myself. While the big people were eating their food, I checked out the restuarant by sneaking in between the chairs and tables. When we were leaving, I floored Mahesh mama by giving him a kiss!

Trichy Paati and Thatha visited us for a few days and I spent a lot of time with them talking to them, playing with them, reading books, listening to songs etc. Thatha managed to locate a shelf for my books and toys so that they'd be kept in an orderly manner rather than be spread all around the house. He told me "padichutu, adukki vekkanum". They had bought a few story books for me, which Appa and Amma will definitely need to read up so that they keep me entertained. I am getting bored of listening to the kullabaari and kaaka stories. Paati taught me to keep my shoes in the shoe shelf whenever I came back from the play area. Since then, whenever Appa comes into the house, I say in my high pitched screechy voice "anga naa vekkanum", pointing to the shoe shelf. He did it nicely for a couple of days. After that, I think he got crazy and started chasing me around the house and playing with me without bothering about my instructions.


Appa went to Hyderabad a few weeks ago for a couple of days. I missed him because after he comes back from work, he plays a lot with me, suddenly start chasing me around the house which makes me run helter-skelter shrieking in excitement, letting me walk between his legs, tickling me etc. So I was quite angry with him and when he returned and said Heyy Jaagruthi, I just glanced at him and went back to watching TV to convey my disappointment. Of course, when I found that he'd bought me a "dino bommai", we became friends yet again. Amma taught me that my teddy and the new dino bommai were friends. I repeat it a lot of the time saying "Dino bommaiyum teddy bommaiyum becchu fendchaam". Sometimes I extend it by saying "Appa-vum Ammavum becchu fendchaam" which makes them really happy!

When I'm trying to find something, I call out to it and ask "nee yenga ikke". So one day, I was waiting for a portion of a song which I like to be played and I was getting impatient since that bit didn't make its appearance. So I asked "Thandhana thaana, nee yenga ikke?". Amma really laughed at that! Some of the new songs I like are "Suttum sudar" and "Chi chi chi chi". I say "romba pudikkum" or "fulla pudikkum" when I hear songs I like. When I see people getting wet on the television, I say "mazhaila nanayadhengo, jaldosham pudikkum". Amma taught me this too!

A few weeks ago, since Appa had a gift voucher, we went to Landmark, a huge book shop. I slept through most of the car trip there, but when I woke up, I found myself in the middle of so many books. I'd never seen these many before. Amma told me "yenga paathalum books" and I kept repeating it as I ran excitedly amidst all the rows where the books were carefully arranged. I tried to help Amma with her book selection but since she thought I was disturbing her, Appa carried me away to show me some other books. While being carried, I managed to pick up a couple of books randomly from the rows we passed through and when Appa put me down, he was puzzled about how I got those books into my hand! What did I get from there? Well, two things. A slate to kirukku and a swing. I use the chalk to kirukku on the slate and I get even more excited when I see my hand so white in colour. The "fing fing" is hung from the ceiling now and I am looking forward to enjoying myself on it. As for the slate, I normally ask Appa or Amma "yenna vaylaam?" and they either draw something from my books or write ABC, 123 etc. Perhaps they're confirming to see if they still remember. Hmm, something to think about! Speaking of ABC, Karthik mama had bought me a board on which I can fix A, B, C etc. I like identifying A, C, G and O but I get stuck when it comes to P. That is because P is fixed on the board and when I tried taking it out, Thatha told me "tighta irukku, yedukka mudiyala". So I thought that was the way to identify it and as a result, when I see that letter on the slate drawn by Appa or Amma or anywhere else (t-shirt, TV etc.), I point to it and say "tighta irukku, yedukka mudiyala"!

At night, like I mentioned last month, I spend a lot of time "building up" to my sleep. I play with bangles, hairbands, coins etc. Nowadays I keep climbing up and down the side table, after pushing out everything that is on it. Appa is convinced I'm quite close to Cinderella, given I'm awake and active until midnight every day! At night, the three of us play "Ring of roses" and I really love it. I keep circling until I get tired.

Last week, I had an injection. I had fever for a day and was crying a lot of the time. When someone asked me what happened, I said "oosi kutthinaango, joram vandhudhu". That immediately got me sympathy for a couple of days! Anyway, the next injection is six months away! Yaaaaaaaay!

A special congrats to Siddharth who became a year old and joined the one-year old gumbal. Vaibhav will also join the gang soon.

Bye for now. See you in "chikch"!

3 comment(s):

Mahesh mama wishes you would give a kiss everytime we meet, but is just so pleased that finally you deigned to give the one. Guess you were holding out on it to make it special!

By Anonymous Anonymous (Dec 28, 2005, 5:07:00 PM)  

Why're your parents complaining about you sleeping so late. They were the ones who named you Jaagruthi!

By Anonymous Anonymous (Dec 29, 2005, 3:38:00 PM)  

mumbaigirl: how did you get to jaagruthi's blog? i mean, what led you here?

By Blogger Jagadish (Dec 29, 2005, 3:40:00 PM)  


Hi. Can you please tell me who you are when you put in a comment? Since there has been all sorts of nonsensical spam in comments, from now onwards you'll have to enter the word shown to you before submitting your comment. I'm really sorry for this, but I really don't want to see spam in comments.

Post a Comment