<$BlogRSDURL$>

December 16, 2004

Six months old!

Hello again! I now speak as a six month old! Yes, I turned six months four days ago and I feel as great as I did when I became a month old. Unfortunately though, becoming six months old meant that I had to have my injection. Thankfully the pain didnt last beyond five minutes and I didnt get a fever. Now that I am on the path towards being a kid rather than being a baby or infant, I have learnt quite a few new tricks and am eating different items rather than just having milk.

Along with the rice ragi which I think is superb, Amma gives me water in a blue plastic spoon. That is the bit I hate. I dont like the water since I expect to be eating rice ragi. So I spray out all the water with making a ppppppwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrffffffff sound. Appa and Amma laughed the first few times I did it, so I think they like it too and I'll keep doing it! I've also started having a little bit of boiled rice with some dal and vegetables. Initially I used to have carrot and now I've started having a mixed bag of cabbage, beans and carrot! I also take half a banana and I love it. I will soon start having apple as well since the doctor said I could.

Thats the food I have. Having eaten to my heart's (and tiny tummy's) content, I play quite a few games now and have learnt many viddhais (tricks). I learnt from Appa and Amma to play peekaboo (kaanum, itaachu). If anyone hides their face behind their hand and say kaanum, I try to remove the hand to see them. They're supposed to say itaachu when I do it! Then if I find any cloth nearby (or using my own frock sometimes) I do kaanum, itaachu by taking the dress upto my face and bringing it down. Appa and Amma feel that I get it wrong because I bring the dress down when they say kaanum and take it up when they say itaachu! Please tell them that I'm learning all this for the first time!

I told you all that I can sit by myself for a few seconds. Now I can do it for a lot of time, but I still can topple over sometimes. I actually sit on my own without anyone's help. When I'm down on my stomach, I push myself up, stick my leg out and then sit down quite easily. I love sitting down and I get a totally different view of the world. There was a big difference in the way things appeared when I went from lying on my back to lying on my stomach. Now things look so tiny and I have the privilege of looking down on my toys while previously they were at the same level as me! When anyone hugs me to their shoulder while they're sitting, I insist on bringing my legs down to their thighs and I try to stand up. Obviously they need to keep holding me otherwise I'll fall! But I really feel proud when I do that and I make my pleasure obvious by grinning and uttering sounds like aaaaaaaaaannnnnnn, aaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy and mmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaa.

I went on a nice long journey a few weeks ago. The three of us went from Bangalore to Tanjavur while Sansui Thatha, Janu Paati, Sirkazhi kollu Thatha & Paati and Satish Chitappa joined us from Madras. We went to a couple of temples and then went to Sirkazhi. There I met Krishnan chinna thatha and Chitra chitti paati again. I loved the car journey and saw so many cars, trucks and buses on the road. It wasnt all great because I fell down from the bed once and wailed for a really long time. Nothing to worry though. I suspect I've inherited Appa's big head and am a hard nut to crack.

A couple of weeks ago, I learnt how to crawl. But I ended up crawling backwards for a few days. Appa and Amma were quite amused at this and then they found out that all babies do this. When Santhanam Thatha was here last week, I decided to take a step further, literally. I started crawling! I can do short distances now and typically Appa and Amma put my playthings all over the mattress or on the floor mat to make me crawl and get them. I am a little lazy though. When it is possible for me to just stretch out and grab it, I prefer not to crawl and I try to minimize the distance I crawl. After all, if I dont feel like crawling and I wail out loud enough, Appa or Amma will give me my toys, wont they? When Thatha was here, we went to a restuarant and I felt that it was unfair that Appa, Thatha and Amma were eating while I was watching. I still dont know what goes as breakfast, lunch or dinner. So I tried to grab the parathas and chola bhaturas which were on offer but wasnt successful. Instead I had to entertain myself with watching the balloons hung from the ceiling. The food was far more interesting!

Hey, remember I told you I love the Kumkumam magazine ad and had asked you all to tell them to not keep changing the ad. I think they listened to my plea and your recommendations. The ad has gone back to 'Best kanna best'! But that isnt the only thing I love on TV. I like the title music of quite a few serials like Anandam, Kolangal and Metti Oli. I also love the music they play on the SCV channel before the actual programme starts. All this is thanks to Amma. Appa watches NDTV regularly, so I like the music where the headlines are displayed. It goes tu tu tu tu tu toiiiiin.

Last week, Ganesh uncle and Radha aunty had a little boy. His name is Siddharth. I find it so amazing that there's someone even tinier than me! When I meet him in Madras, I will teach him all the tricks of the trade.

In case you were wondering if I was just fibbing when I said I can sit on my own now, this is how I do it.

Sitting

1 comment(s):

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Anonymous Anonymous (Jan 20, 2006, 3:34:00 AM)  


Hi. Can you please tell me who you are when you put in a comment? Since there has been all sorts of nonsensical spam in comments, from now onwards you'll have to enter the word shown to you before submitting your comment. I'm really sorry for this, but I really don't want to see spam in comments.

Post a Comment