March 03, 2006

First flight and a lovely time with Chandya akka

I made my first ever trip to the vegetable market near my house last month and I really loved it. We bought so many vegetables and fruits. But the most enjoyable part was when the mama selling the vegetables shouted out the names of the vegetables repeatedly. It reminded me of my train journey with Amma to Trichy when the coffee man kept saying 'Caafee, caafee'. I kept giggling and the vegetable man, seeing me laugh, shouted even more.

We bought a brown bean bag recently and I was among the first to lie down on it. I can now eat the apple by myself, provided it is peeled of course. I still have 8 teeth, but a 9th one is growing and since it gives me a strange feeling, I love chewing on my toothbrush for a long time.

Around two weeks ago, we went to Pune for a short vacation. Amma and Appa had kept telling me that we'd be seeing Sandya akka, Suji atthai, Periya thatha, Periya paati, Janani atthai, Ramani thatha, Mala paati, Santhanam thatha and Janu paati there. We went there by flight and it was my first flying experience. I was thrilled to see so many planes near to me and kept saying "Yenga paarthalum plane" (wherever I see, there're planes) since the only planes I'd seen so near to me were in my books. But I didn't like the journey. I cried when the plane took off and every time it went up and down in the sky. I also cried when the plane landed.

We landed at Pune and I saw that Santhanam thatha and Periya thatha had come to pick us up. When we went home, I saw Sandya akka. For some time, I didn't let anyone play with me or speak to me or carry me. After a while, I got used to the place and started exploring the house. I started calling atthai 'Chuji atthai', which she really liked. My two thathas and Appa took so many photos and videos!

After that, I started having a lot of fun with Chandya akka. She then became friendly with me and started rubbing my cheeks & saying 'haaya baby', hugging and playing with me. In the evening, we went to a nearby park and played in the lawn. After that, we had ice cream. I didn't like the chikoo flavoured one, but I loved the chocolate flavoured ice cream. The next day, we went shopping for clothes. Chandya akka and I got identical ghagras.

Chuji atthai also applied nail polish to my fingers, which I really liked. I also got a few pairs of valayals (bangles), obviously among my favourites! Appa carried both of us but like you can see from the photo, Chandya akka and I have some muscles too! At nights, Chandya akka and I were treated to stories by Santhanam thatha. I amazed everyone there with my ability to stay awake till nearly midnight. Periya thatha and paati usually went to bed by 10.30. To me, that is when the evening has just ended!

Chandya akka and I wore same-same dresses most of the time, including pattu paavadai. But while she wore chalba kameej (salwar kameez) which I didn't have, I wore a green frilly top and a green three-quarter pant given to me by Janu paati and Santhanam thatha. When I wore it, everyone felt I looked so cute and that my dress looked like Manorama's Jil Jil Ramamani dress in a song in 'Thillana Mohanambal'. Obviously I have no idea who that is, but I enjoyed wearing it. I liked it so much, I even wore it when we were going to a nearby restuarant for dinner. I insisted that I should also carry a bag, like Chandya akka was, as you can see below!

I had a chuper (super) time at Pune. This was the first time I was seeing a cousin who I could keep calling akka. In fact, after returning to Bangalore, I've started talking a lot to other akkas and annas at Royal Palms. Janani atthai also came home after her exam and after some time, I remembered her teaching me 'round the round the garden'. After a chuper time at Pune, Appa, Amma and I had to return to Bangalore. I'm looking a little angry in that second photo because to me, it seemed like we were all set to leave and suddenly everyone wanted to take photos. Besides Chandya akka got angry and went away into a room and I wanted to go and find her!

At Pune airport, I enjoyed myself by lying down on the floor, in spite of Appa and Amma repeatedly asking me not to. Appa was saying that I took the 'Keep your airport clean' messages a little too seriously. The return flight was a little better. But as soon as I got into the plane, I realized what would happen next and I started saying "Yerangidalama?" (Shall we get off?). I cried a lot during take off but after some time, I went off to sleep. When I woke up, we'd landed in Bangalore! Home, chweet home! Appa and Amma have bought me a new cycle. The doggy chycle is still there. But this one is a real one! It is orange in colour and it even has a carrier for me to keep my books, water bottle etc. I don't know how to ride it yet. Apparently I need to press the pedal. I'll soon figure that out.

2 comment(s):

Hi Jaagruthi
You really lead a busy social life...am very jealous. I enjoyed reading about your trip to Pune very much.

By Blogger MumbaiGirl (Mar 7, 2006, 1:38:00 AM)  

Thanks mumbaigirl. It helps to be a little girl!

By Anonymous Jaagruthi (Mar 7, 2006, 11:27:00 AM)  

Hi. Can you please tell me who you are when you put in a comment? Since there has been all sorts of nonsensical spam in comments, from now onwards you'll have to enter the word shown to you before submitting your comment. I'm really sorry for this, but I really don't want to see spam in comments.

Post a Comment

Links to "First flight and a lovely time with Chandya akka"



Blogger search:

Create a Link